JS> Does luit support the encodings that do not compatible with iso-2022?

Yes, but currently only 128 character encodings (e.g. CP1252), 128x128
character encodings and 128x256 character encodings (e.g. Big 5).

GB 18030 and UTF-8 are on my to-do list; remember, however, that I
work on that stuff in my free time, and I'm not giving any deadlines.

LH> # LANG=zh_TW.Big5 xterm -u8 -e luit
LH> Warning: couldn't find charset data for locale zh_TW.Big5; using ISO
LH> 8859-1.

Either luit or XFree86 are incorrectly installed (luit can't get at
the locale.alias file).

LH> # xterm -u8 -e luit -g2 'Big 5'

Try running luit with the `-v' flag and see what that gives.

                                        Juliusz