Hi John,
My comments inline:

发件人: I2nsf [mailto:i2nsf-boun...@ietf.org] 代表 John Strassner
发送时间: 2016年6月19日 13:02
收件人: Linda Dunbar; John Strassner
抄送: I2NSF@ietf.org; Dacheng Zhang; DIEGO LOPEZ GARCIA
(diego.r.lo...@telefonica.com); Susan Hares
主题: Re: [I2nsf] questions about some terminologies defined by
draft-ietf-i2nsf-terminology-00

Hi Linda,

these are two different questions:

> My thinking maybe too simplistic.
> I picture a “Controller” having two ports,
>  one port connecting to clients ..., interface from this port is “Service
> layer interface”
> another port connecting to NSFs, the interface from this port is “capability
> layer interface”.

I think this could be a bit ambiguous.

When I think of "southbound interface", I think of a programming interface. The
Capability Layer Interface is not a pure programming interface; rather, it is
an interface that advertises the set of functions available. It does not define
how to program those functions.
[Frank]: About the programming interface, I think the capability interface does
have this ability. The capability interface can program what security
capabilities should be enabled and how they are used by
“Event-Condition-Action” (ECA) modeling. In summary, we try to acquire a
balance between making the controller to have the largest and most fine-grain
control over NSFs and hiding the implementation details that cannot be
standardized.

> What extra meaning does it carry with the wording “abstraction Layer” ?

from my last note, I posited that we did not have an abstraction **layer** -
indeed, I'm not sure I know what that means. Rather, we have a **set of
abstractions** (which are, of course, the capabilities, which represent a
(sub)set of all possible features in the NSFs in a vendor-neutral way).

Here is the text of the last note; Diego and Dacheng liked the second of my
proposed definitions.
[Frank]: For the following definitions, I personally think the first definition
is more consistent, but I don’t oppose the second one if most of us think it’s
better.

On 16 Jun 2016, at 15:05 , John Strassner