I think that this draft has good, promising work in it. However, I do
not think that it is ready, at this moment in time, for WG adoption.
Here are some specific points focused on just the Abstract that I
think the authors should work on to improve this draft:

DRAFT:
   This document provides a framework ...
<jcs>
I am missing how this framework relates to the framework draft;
this needs to be covered.
</jcs>

DRAFT:
   ...and information model for the definition of northbound
   interfaces for a security controller.
<jcs>
I could not find an information model in this draft. While I don't
expect a detailed model at this stage, I don't even see proposed
classes or the beginning of a class hierarchy.
</jcs>

DRAFT
   The interfaces are based on user-intent instead of vendor-specific
   or device-centric approaches...
<jcs>
There are too many subjects that are attempted to be covered!
User-intent is a subject by itself - a big one. There isn't even a
definition in I2NSF of this term, let alone in the industry . I would
strongly recommend that this be moved into a separate draft.
</jcs>

DRAFT
   The document identifies the
   common interfaces needed to enforce the user-intent based policies
   onto network security functions (NSFs) irrespective of how those
   functions are realized.
<jcs>
How can you define a set of interfaces when there is no definition of
user-intent based policies? I'm not even sure what a "user-intent
based policy is",
</jcs>

best regards,
John

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Linda Dunbar <linda.dun...@huawei.com>
wrote:

> Dear WG:
>

> This email serves as a call for WG adoption of
> draft-kumar-i2nsf-client-facing-interface-req
> as a WG document. The call for adoption will run for 2 weeks ending Oct 5,
> 2016.
>
> The requirement document is one of the key deliverables specified by the
>  I2NSF charter.
>

> Please note that this is a call for adoption, and not a last call for
> content of the document. Adopting a WG document simply means that the WG
> will focus its efforts on that particular draft going forward, and use that
> document for resolving open issues and documenting the WG’s decisions.
>

> Please indicate whether you support adoption for not, and if not why.
> Issues you have with the current document itself can also be raised, but
> they should be raised in the context of what should be changed in the
> document going forward, rather than a pre-condition for adoption.
>

> Finally, now is also a good time to poll for knowledge of any IPR that
> applies to this draft, in line with the IPR disclosure obligations for WG
> participants (see RFCs 3979, 4879, 3669 and 5378 for more details). If you
> are listed as a document author please respond to this email (to the
> chairs) whether or not you are aware of any relevant IPR
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-kumar-i2nsf-client-
> facing-interface-req-00.txt
>

> Authors: there are some editorial changes needed to comply with the I2NSF
> terminologies that the WG has agreed, in particular:
>
> -        Abstract: needs to change the starting sentence to “This
> document provides a framework and requirement ….”
>
> -        Change all reference of “North Bound Interface” to
> “Client/consumer facing interface”.
>

> Thank you,
>

> Linda & Adrian

regards,