John,

There are two types of interface described in I2NSF framework:

-        one is NSF facing interface, over which  rules  or policies can be
expressed based on ports/IP addresses for packets traversing through a NSF;

-        another is the interface for Clients, users, tenants, to express/query
rules that are expressed in users own ID, address domains, etc. Commonly called
"Client facing interface".

You have suggested to use "Consumer facing Interface". But the definition of
"Consumer" in I2NSF Terminology -01, doesn't really reflect the idea of rules
being expressed from the perspective of clients or users.

If we use this terminology, "Consumer" interface can also face NSFs as well.

  Consumer:  A Consumer is a Role that is assigned to an I2NSF
      Component that can receive information from another I2NSF
      Component.  See also:  Provider, Role.

Can you clarify ?

Thanks, Linda