Nitin:

Thank you for email.  It really helps the process!

Sue

-----Original Message-----
From: i2rs [mailto:i2rs-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Nitin Bahadur
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2018 2:19 AM
To: Susan Hares; 'Benjamin Kaduk'; 'The IESG'
Cc: i2rs@ietf.org; i2rs-cha...@ietf.org;
draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-mo...@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [i2rs] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on
draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-15: (with COMMENT)

Hi Benjamin/Sue,

NB> The reason string is indeed not relevant for the success case. The
success case is "Installed is TRUE AND Active is TRUE". For everything else
a reason will help. It will help the client to know why something was
installed but is not active.

    As I recall (and my memory may be spotty), the reason was available for
both "yes" and "no" in case "yes" it is active, and "no" it is not installed
(example - 20 ECMP routes and only 10 get installed).   Nitin may have more
details on this RFC.

    Cheerily, Susan Hares

draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-15: (with COMMENT)

    draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model-15: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

    Please refer to
https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html

    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-rib-info-model/

    COMMENT:

    I share Warren's question (and, IIRC, asked a similar one about the
associated data-model document).

    Just one other minor question: in Section 4

       Route programming in the RIB MUST result in a return code that
       contains the following attributes:

       o  Installed - Yes/No (Indicates whether the route got installed in
          the FIB)

       o  Active - Yes/No (Indicates whether a route is fully resolved and
          is a candidate for selection)

       o  Reason - e.g., Not authorized

    Is the Reason only relevant when one of the other two is "No"?