Am Montag, 10. August 2015, 18:30:13 schrieb Anton Löfgren:
> AFAIK, the shebang must be an absolute path. That is, you'll probably have
> more luck replacing #!env with #!/usr/bin/env.

It seemed to be a problem with PATH. Starting /usr/bin/python explicitly makes
it work.

> How do you call it standalone? I'm assuming by invoking python manually.

No, without python.

Some more questions:

*) The monitor in the middle is set primary and assigned workspace 2. Howeve
the i3-nagbar always appears at workspace 1 (left of 2). How can I make the
nagbar appears on the primary output?

*) For setting my backgrounds I use feh:

exec --no-startup-id feh --randomize --bg-max Bilder/Backgrounds

This works fine if executed in a shell, after i3 startup. Each display is
assigned a different background image, if the aspect ratio does not fit there
are black bars. But if I put in my i3 config it behaves differently. It gives
each screen the same background image. Instead of black bars there is another
image under it when aspect ration does not fit. This question may not fit here,
but maybe someone has an idea...

*)
bar {
        status_command i3status
        # tray_output primary
}

puts the tray output on workspace 3, left of my primary. Activating the
tray_output primary and restart (mod+shift+r) and it works like it should, tray
on the primary. But a real restart (exit and log in again) screws it. There are
no tray icons at all. The owncloud client (which is started using dex -ae i3)
opens in a window, instead minmized. However, all programs that should appear
in the tray are running (klipper, kmix)

Sorry for putting so much questions at you ;-)

Thanks!
Florian