Hi Dieter,

can you do the following?

1) Downgrade to i3 4.10.4 and see if it fixes the problem. If so, please
run a git bisect to figure out which commit broke it. If 4.10.4 has the
same problem, try downgrading askpass or report a bug there.
2) Provide a complete i3 log file where you started it. See the
debugging docs on the i3 website for information. Also provide the
output of "xprop" and "xwininfo -all" when clicking on the opened
askpass window.

Ingo