The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who
have not got it.
George Bernard Shaw

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Bill Fairchild
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 6:31 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Banks

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 06/08/2005
at  07:41 AM, Bill Fairchild <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>A cynical  executive might be tempted to lose the info on purpose so
>his   customers would have more need of the insurance - the classical
>protection  racket.

In a message dated 6/8/2005 6:03:56 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

A  cynical customer might believe that it has already happened. I wouldn't
bet  that he was wrong.

One of the 20th century's greatest cynics, H. L. Mencken, wrote:   "The
cynics are right nine times out of ten."

Bill Fairchild

to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the
archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html