In
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 06/22/2005
   at 12:41 PM, "Perryman, Brian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>I can't find these blasted messages documented anywhere!!

According to IBM the COBOL messages are self explanatory.

 1. Sure I'll respect you in the morning.

 2. It's okay, Honey, I've had a vasectomy.

 3. The check's in the mail.

 4. The following messages are self explanatory.

The first three are sometimes true. The smart money is against the
last. This nonsense has been going on for decades.

The ironic thing is that the PL/I messages *are* documented but, the
last time that I looked, they were closer to self explanatory than the
COBOL messages.