>Why is it so much easier to post a question here and wait for a resonse
>than to pick up a phone or write an email to the vendor? Many times
>that conversation with the vendor will give you additional information
>you would never get from posting to the list.

That's easy to answer. Whenever I call SAS here in Germany, nobody at their
phone lines is able to answer any question. When they hear we're running SAS
on z/OS, they all back off and tell me that someone will get back to me.
Despite several requests, I never got the apparent one and only z/OS SAS guy
to call me for a discussion. All I ever get are emails that never address
the problem I have.
Thanks, but I pass their software support any day!
Regards, Barbara Nitz