First of all, sorry for the double post. The first one I posted short before
midnight and didn't see it in the morning.
I didn't wear my eyeglasses or whatever happened. Sorry for that.
But know back to subject:
I did expect some harsh criticism/responses and I'm not sure about my official
reaction :-)

Well, I started this, so I deserve the result. Here we go:

1. This was not intended to be a cross-platform discussion, BUT if I think about Shell-Scripts, Java and even CBT-Tools just for our platform, what we would gain from community development. May be I'm wrong, but the "I've written this and posted it to CBT" works very well for a one man show (and credits to all of the valuable donations). My concern was more about real team development and to be frank, we have nothing compared to other platforms. Anybody questioning this should ask itself if something like Apache or Linux would ever have happened. Even if sourceforge (or any other CVS/SVN provider) does not have the BUILD features we need, they have BugZilla, discussion forums, RSS feeds and many more features w/o paying a dime.

2. Sorry folks, but the neglection of WIKI can't be no longer a term of discussion. Just try wikipedia.org as a alternative to google for basic information. Even though this is not the place to find the cheapest buying opportunities you would be surprised to find many background information for mathematics, algorithms (try sort for example) and other IT related subjects. And many of them are at a level that questions my interlectual properties ;-) My fault.

3. There were responses like:
- Who would host this? Well, I've given some free examples like sourceforge.net or wikipedia.org and please remember this is NOT an advertising thing, just my personal view.
- Everybody can edit wiki's. Well, that's the open way :-)
- I don't see how we could attract PC-Script-Kiddies to our platform. Sorry but that's silly. Most of you recognized IBM-MAIN newbies by asking simple questions. How many did you see during a year? How often the response is "search the archives", see link http:xxx or RTFM. If we could bundle our knowledge in a central place (not questioning this list at all) there might be more students (and they might be hackers ;-) interested in the platform. - Justify ROI or something like "this worked for me the last 20 years, I don' need a change". Of course, my post was intended to ask for this answers and nobody should feel bad if she/he feels/thinks the same. It's a matter of thinking for the next 10 years. What do our customers complain about? Cost's !!! The CEO of one of the biggest companies in Germany said to me "This platform is dead. There is no freeware and BMC, CA, Oracle ... are using us as a milkcow". I'm sure you've heared that too in some variations. So what's the point? Let us do real community development like making MXI, ShowMVS and others to be a replacement for expensive monitors like OMEGAMON, TMON etc, providing a scheduler (may be written in Java :-), or may be an Eclipse_to_MVS ANT tool.

Sorry I'm getting tired. It was a long day (like yesterday) and my english is
sort of limited.
The only thing I really want to accomplish is a move to MORE community.
Good night
Peter