http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r9/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.zos.r9.idad400/pdsesh3.htm

>"In a multiple-system environment, the system programmer uses
>PDSESHARING(EXTENDED) to share PDSEs at the member level.
>A system programmer must specify PDSESHARING(EXTENDED) in
>the IGDSMSxx member in the SYS1.PARMLIB on each system in
>the sysplex. Every system that is sharing a PDSE must be a
>member of the sysplex and have the sysplex coupling facility
>(XCF) active."
>
>We don't have the sysplex, so we're stuck with
>PDSESHARING(NORMAL).
>This causes problems when one system has a PDSE open and
>a second system opens it and tries to update it.  Take for
>example the following scenario, which I just tested.

This has been discussed several times.  Please search the archives.  You can
not share a PDSE outside of a Sysplex.  If you are not in a Sysplex, you can
not share a PDSE with another system.  If you do so, you can expect the PDSE
to break.  You quoted the reference. "Every system that is sharing a PDSE

--
Tom Marchant