On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:53:26 -0500, Scott Rowe wrote:

>I don't believe that's true, Gil.  It doesn't make sense given the changes
>that were made to the logic, and I can't create it here.  Do you have a test
>case that shows this?

I believe SPFEDIT mostly protects you.  To show the problem
you'd need to have:

o DSNTYPE=PDS

o DISP=SHR

o Update by a process other than ISPF EDIT, and which doesn't
  respect the SPFEDIT ENQ.

I'll grant this is unlikely; I'd prefer not to try to create it.
Perhaps Ted is thinking of something in addition.