On 29 Apr 2010 07:14:25 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

> [...]

Looking at this and the shop z postings, I wonder if the people
responsible for both have heard about RAS.  To have an application
refuse input because of a special character in 2010 is archaic and
counter productive because the special character may be part of the
data needed to fix the problem.  I have never had the Microsoft Update
site show as unavailable.  Is there something wrong here?