Jorge,

rather than guess what might or might not be happening, just allocate the SYSTCPT DD and it will tell you exactly what resolver information you are using and also show where the nslookups are being resolved against

from TSO just do

ALLOC FI(SYSTCPT) DA(*)    or allocate to sysout and see in SDSF

Cheers

Roy

Jorge Garcia wrote:
Chris:

Do you really want not to have any name to address (or address to name) conversion or do you just want to avoid using a name server?

I want to avoid any name to address (or address to name) conversion.

DEFAULT is what the RESOLVER_PROC statement specifies "as shipped", "by default". In your next step you indicate having set up a RESOLVER SETUP file. You need still to specify RESOLVER_PROC(something) where "something" - anything except DEFAULT !!! - is the name of your resolver procedure which will use the SETUP file you spent so much effort creating.

If you the test LPAR has a procedure library separate from your other LPARs, you might simply call the procedure RESOLVER - as is conventional and the BPXPRMxx member RESOLVER_PROC statement can specify RESOLVER.

If you share the procedure library, you can call the procedure TSTRSLVR and specify the same name in the BPXPRMxx member RESOLVER_PROC statement.

We have a RESOLVER_PROC in a separate library from our others LPARs and the first time we used the RESOLVER_PROC with RESOLVER name (without DEFAULT) and I didn't work

Probably it's going to be least potential trouble if you set up a DEFAULTIPNODES data set with nothing in it - until you decide you might like, for testing purposes, to have a conversion capability.

Now what you need to do is investigate what the LOOKUP statement in the data set named in the DEFAULTTCPIPDATA statement can do for you.

Specify LOOKUP LOCAL

We've specified LOOKUP LOCAL and it doesn't work

If you ever want to try some name to address conversion, you can always just set up the conversion in the data set named by the DEFAULTIPNODES statement using the so comfortable - compared to the antediluvian HOSTS.LOCAL format - IPNODES format.

In the future We'll do it, but now we don't want to try name to address conversion

Patrick:

what are you NSLOOKUPing? an internal name or an external name? If it is an internal name it may be specified in the TCPIP.HOSTS.* files.

When we enter the nslookup command the system respond with the dns server address.
Thanks