Thank you, now I'll have a good weekend. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of John Eells
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 3:31 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: VSAM FILE CATALOGING

Ward, Mike S wrote:
> The information you gave me sounds viable and I think I'll use your
> method. An import connect sounds like I should dump the V1.7 user
> catalog by using the Export command and restoring it on V1.11 using
the
> import connect command then using the mergecat to place the entries I
> want into a usercat I have defined, then disconnect the old catalog
and
> delete it.

No!

Dump the entire volume (DFSMSdss, FDR, whatever) and restore it whole on

the test system.  Then, issue the IMPORT CONNECT command (TSO/E or batch

IDCAMS) on the test system to connect the catalog on that volume to the
test system's master catalog.

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing

==========================
solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
If you are not the intended recipient
you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in
reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited.