From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Vernooij, CP - SPLXM
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:06 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Geographic separation of primary and backup/DR sites

"Jeffrey Deaver" <jeffrey.dea...@securian.com> wrote in message
news:<ofb0fd8a87.24e5216d-on8625774c.00463f1b-8625774c.00474...@securian
.com>...
> >Also remember if DR is fairly close to base make sure they are on
> >separate power grids or at least have generators.
>
> That is such a nebulous term, "power grid".  Anyone have more definite
> references for what that should mean?  Does it just mean separate
power
> substations?  That the ultimate feed comes from completely different
> generating plants?  Of different types? (Nuke vs Coal?)  And how
exactly do
> you find out information like that?  And can't the power down the last
mile
> be coming from one place today and other tomorrow depending on how the
> power company manages it?
>
> While I'm sure this is not comprehensive, this Blackout Tracker
website
> gives some interesting insight into power outages...
> http://powerquality.eaton.com/blackouttracker/default.asp
>
> Jeffrey Deaver, Engineer

Doesn't this simply means your task is to take care that your diesel
tanks are full (and large enough)? All the other options seem
non-transparant and non-controllable.

Kees.
http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain
confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only. If
you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail
or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any
other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly
prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete
this message.

Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or
its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete
transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any
delay in receipt.
Airlines) is registered in Amstelveen, The Netherlands, with registered
number 33014286

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.