ZIP-390 from Data 21 is being used here.  It's not free but the price was
pretty reasonable (for a mainframe package).  The URL is
http://www.data21.com/products/zip/default.asp

We also use GZIP/GUNZIP, which we installed before we got ZIP-390.  GZIP
is great when sending to somewhere else with
GZIP, but since it specifically isn't compatible with WINZIP, PKZIP, or
ZIP-GENIUS, you're SOL if you're wanting to send data to a PC
for unzipping (unless the PC is running GZIP).

Robert Sample
Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Robert Pelletier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
11/02/2005 01:44 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
ZIP SOFTWARE for Mainframe

Does anyone know of any software/freeware for the frame that will zip a
file? We are OS390 V2R10. Once again thanks to the group in advance.

Bob Pelletier
Connecticut Student Loan Foundation
Rocky Hill, Connecticut