Well, if Walt can't, I won't try. But a Q&D REXX would be:

/* REXX */
do forever
   "execio 1 diskr sysut1"
   if rc <> 0 then leave
   "parse pull record"
   date=substr(record,<start>,8)
   if date > "YYYYMMDD" then leave
   queue record
   "execio 1 diskw sysut2"
end
"execio 0 diskr sysut1(finis"
"execio 0 diskw sysut2(finis"

Of course COBOL would be fairly simple and much more efficient.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-691-6183 cell