That depends entirely on the "Terms and Conditions" in the license. I
think that IBM allows COBOL in specific cases, such as DB2 Stored
Procedures.

I don't know if this is truly stealing or just cheating. In any case, I
do think that it is outside the "spirit and intent" as one of my high
school teachers always used to say. But "spirit and intent" have little
to do with "legal".

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its'
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.