hi Jags,
  the easiest and best solution as per my understanding is to go for HATS
(Host access transformation services). this is an IBM Product used for
modernization of all 3270 applications. you can create EAR file
after development and deploy on a shared internet exposed application server
(WAS for example) .

Thanks and Regards
Shameem K Shoukath