On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:36:15 +0000, john gilmore wrote:

>Paul Gilmartin's implicit question ...

"Implicit"?  OK.  I suppose it would have been (slightly) more explicit
to ask what may be the OP's intended use of object modules that
might not be likewise satisfied by load modules?  (Inline SMP/E ++MOD
elements and inline SYSLIN come to mind.  Both assume that the OP
has accepted "inline" as a requirement.)

>Unless, improbably, it has been explicitly marked NE the Binder can itself
>create NCAL program objects or load modules for each of the component
>CSECTs|RSECTs of an executable (compound) program object or load module; ...

And I suspect that if the load module has, improbably, been marked NE,
the delinker (try CBT file 90) will do poorly.

I believe that boundaries of the input object modules are not preserved
in the load module; the exact object module structure must be inferred
from external information, not available to a delinker.

-- gil