Can someone point me to the right place to find the documentation on how to
create large SVCDUMP datasets?   I need to create a large dump dataset so I can
take a console dump of DB2.  I keep getting partial dumps.  I see in the
messages the maximum size of a dataset is 65,535 tracks which for a 3390 is
4369 cylinders.   In the z/OS MVS diagnosis: Tools and Service Aids manual they
say "IBM Recommends using extended format sequential data sets as dump data
sets for SVC dumps......and they can hold 128 gigabytes".    But the manual
doesn't give any clues on how to create them.

IBM APAR II06335 talks about the subject also:  " Note: With DFSMS120 and
Dynamic Dump Allocation, multi-volume EFDS format datasets can be created for
your SVCDUMP. "  but doesn't give any clues on how to create such a beast
either.

I've tried created the SYS1.DUMP dataset on a MOD 9 with the contig option, but
it stops at the 65,535 tracks.

Any pointers appreciated.

Dennis