On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 12:10:40 -0500, McKown, John wrote:

>JES cannot determine how it was passed to the internal reader. Now, such a
>line could be inserted for jobs submitted via the TSO SUBMIT command is the
>IKJEFT53 exit. I have a horrible one to "enforce standards".

And, of course, not all jobs must come via TSO SUBMIT.  There's FTP, and
I have an ISPF EDIT macro that submits directly via INTRDR, thus
avoiding the Fixed 80 anachronism.

And there's a z/OS UNIX SUBMIT command, either on the Tools & Toys
page, or perhaps now in base z/OS.  But I suspect it enforces F80.

I understand there's a more general exit that processes all submitted jobs,
but if a program writes to INTRDR, DSName and member are meaningless.

-- gil