Rick,

That reminds me of my days in Germany. We had 2 mod 30's just for printing.
Ran with 32k each essentially BG and F1 only. We had some know it all come in
from the PANAMA Canal and tried to load up a 48k program. I was eventually
called in and told the guy that the machine only had 32K. he insisted he knew
better and I was not going to argue with the guy. I left him with the manuals
and told him we also had limited 2311 space (1). he was not happy with me so he
went to my superior and my boss looked at the problem and backed me up.

He was such a jerk he went to his boss and my boss got called into a closed
office and there were loud voices heard. The secretary came and got me and I
went in and I was asked if I could delete the number of devices etc etc and I
told them we had maybe 5 more devices than we had and dropping those
wouldn't help and there was no way short of adding more memory to get the
memory that the program needed. I suggested that the program be rewritten for
MFT. That was met with chilled silence.

Ed