Rob Schramm's post suggests that IBM's DKMS key-management system has
a new name; but I, for one, do not know what that new name is.  The
IBM CCCC website still talks about DKMS.

The impetus for a new name is understandable.  This acronym is among
the most overloaded I routinely encounter.

For UNIX people it most often means 'Distributed Kernel Module
Support', but it can also mean 'Distributed Knowledge Management
System', and outside of computing it is the acronym for 'Deutsche
KnochenMarkSpenderdatei', the originally German but now also Polish
and American non-profit organization that maintains a database of
bone-marrow donors for leukemia victims.  It can even stand for
Drunken Killing MachineS.

The IBM product is nevertheless an excellent, severely practical one
that has no real competitors in its specific z/OS environment.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA