I strongly agree with all the others. Keep the SUBNAME and the PROC name the
same. It simply makes it easier.

However, on my "sandbox", I did do the following:

copy JES2 to JESX in SYS1.PROCLIB
$PJES2,ABEND to terminate JES2
S JESX,JOBNAME=JES2

This did start up the JES2 subsystem. So, in your case, you __COULD__ use JESA,
but you must remember to put the parameter JOBNAME=JES2 on it.

The only use I see for this is if you are going to change the JES2 proc. You
could copy the current JES2 proc to JESx. Update the JES2 proc and restart JES2
(or reIPL). If JES2 failed, you could try the alternate S JESX,JOBNAME=JES2 to

John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer
UICI Insurance Center
Information Technology

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its content is protected by
law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and
transmission, or taking any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.