I am attempting to install the XML toolkit for z/os 1.8.  I get to a
certain point in the installation instructions and confusion arises.
Any help would be appreciated.  I will summarize below, where I am and
where I am confused.

Thanx in advance
Brad Taylor

1. I have downloaded and read the instructions.
2. I have created a download directory for the install package in a
separate HFS and mounted it.
   MKDIR   '/u/cbt1'  MODE(7,5,5)
   MKDIR   '/u/cbt1/xml18'  MODE(7,5,5)
   MOUNT FILESYSTEM('USER.XML18.HFS') +
         MOUNTPOINT('/u/cbt1/xml18') +
         TYPE(HFS) MODE(RDWR)
3. I have created my own CSI for all SMP/E jobs.
4. I have updloaded the file from my workstation to the download
directory created above.
5. I have unpaxed the uploaded file
   oshell cd /u/cbt1/xml18/
   pax -rvf /u/cbt1/xml18/xml180.pax.Z
6. I have GIMUNZIPed unpaxed data createing the smp/e relfiles
7. I created the GLOBAL, TARGET, and DLIB zones in the smp/e csi.
8. I allocated the smp/e datasets SIXMEXP, AIXMEXP, AIXMHFS, SMPLOG,
SMPPTS
9. I did the SMP/E RECEIVE for the FMIDs HXML160, HXML170, HXML180.

The next thing I am supposed to do is run a JOB IXMISMKD from the ....F1
relfile. The program directory indicates that this could be installed in
its own HFS, which is what I want to do.  However there is no indication
of sizing information or how to do that.  I am thinking that I should
create an HFS and mount it at /usr/lpp/ixm, since this is where the
directory structure is created by the IXMMKDIR exec supplied as part of
the installation.  Since /usr/lpp/ixm already exists, in a read-only
file system, I am thinking that I also need to temporarily mount that
read/write and delete the ixm directory, prior to mounting the newly
created file system.  So my questions are:
  1. where do I get sizing information, or is that AIXMHFS file
allocated earlier somehow related (does not look like an HFS).
  2. is createing and mounting the HFS at /usr/lpp/ixm, the correct
thing to do?

 The following from the program directory.

   6.1.7 Allocate HFS Paths
The IXMISMKD job invokes IXMMKDIR exec to create the ixm directory under
-PathPrefix-/usr/lpp
where -PathPrefix- is the high level directory name. Insure the
directory path -PathPrefix-/usr/lpp
exists prior to running this job.

Edit and submit sample job IXMISMKD to allocate the HFS paths for the
Toolkit. IXMISMKD must be run
from the Toolkit V1.8.0 relfiles. Consult the instructions in the sample
job for more information.

If you plan to create a new HFS for this product, you should consider
updating the BPXPRMxx PARMLIB
member to mount the new HFS at IPL time. This may be helpful if an IPL
occurs before the installation is
complete.

Expected Return Codes and Messages: The job is considered successful if
return code zero is received.