From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Tom Ambros
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 1:50 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: RACF Passticket: password required on userid?

Forgive me for posting this here, it belongs on the RACF list I am sure but
I do not have that address handy to register.

It may be a simple enough question that it can be answered here.

I am attempting to use the passticket authentication method for the IKE
client to NSS.  If I define a password on the client, no problem.  IKE
establishes a connection to the NSS task, I verify I use the Passticket:
RACFQUAL 132:SUCC INIT USING PASSTICKET from an MXG SAS interpretation of
SMF 80.

If I remove the password from the client, ICH408I Invalid Password.  I find
no documentation that indicates it is input to the algorithm nor any
documentation that a user employing passtickets requires a password.  Why is
a password necessary?
with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN