I was not going to spend a half hour trying to debug their code.
I decided to write a REXX exec to do the same thing. It took me all of 20 minutes to write it and 30 minutes to test it. Since it was a who cares output and to make the production people happy I ran it and gave them the output and I ran it passed the programmer. He & they were happy and we put it in production and its been working for over 20 years (no bugs). I asked why we bought it and could never trace it back to the orderer. The next OS release I deleted it and made sure that we never paid them a penny for the product). I went out of my way to steer the company away from any Mckinney products after that. I think over the 20 years it was mentioned once. Yes they are cheap but then you get what you pay for source and thats it. I have gotten better support out of the CBTTAPE . Sorry I would suggest you think long and hard about any of their "stuff" (I refuse to call them programs as one has to have support to be called a product in my opinion).

Ed

On Feb 9, 2012, at 8:01 AM, Farley, Peter x23353 wrote:

Thanks Jim, that one was pointed out to me in an offline email. It's in the mix for analysis.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Jim McAlpine
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 5:35 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Simple iinventory control products?

Mackinney have something called OSXREFS.

*OSXREFS consists of 4 utility programs*

*OSXDSN*, *OSXLINKS*, *OSXSCAN* and *OSXPROC* provide the following
functions:

- Cross-reference datasets and PROCEDURES in a specified JCLLIB/ PROCLIB
   - Cross-reference Programs and PROCEDURES that execute them
   - Cross-references strings found in PDS members
   - Cross-reference JCL Procedures and executed Programs

I haven't used it myself, but I expect that as with all Mackinney
products,
the price will be right and support will be good.

Jim McAlpine

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Farley, Peter x23353 <