From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
John Dawes
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:24 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: UNABLE TO DELETE DUPLICTE DSN

G'Day

I am trying to delete a duplicate dsn via TSO.  Since the cataloged version
which resides on volume MPR003 is in use, I thought that I could rename the
duplicate dsn which resides on MPR027.  However when I try to rename the dsn
(via TSO) it gave me the message "Duplicate data set name" followed by "Data
set is cataloged on a volume other than MPR027".  Both volumes are managed by
SMS.  Is there some other tactic I could employ?

Thanks.

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN