Ask your auditor to recommend one for the mainframe.... ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Greg Dorner
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:07 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Malicious Software Protection

Dear IBM-MAINers,

Our auditors are insisting that we install a product that protects
against malicious software (viruses, worms, trojans, etc.).

Does anyone know of a product that does this? I heard that McAfee is
coming out with a z/OS product "later this year", but I called them and
they had no idea what I was talking about.

z/OS, with proper security controls (and believe me - we have LOTS!)
should not have to worry about such things, at least that's what I've
always heard.

Any input on this topic would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks,
Greg Dorner, WPS Insurance Corp.

email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN