Chokalingam

What your subject line could be taken to suggest is that you should use the
following reference in order to use USS with the SNA-oriented TELNET server,
identified in the manuals as TN3270E:

Section 2.2.1.4.15, "Using the Telnet solicitor or USS logon screen" in the
z/OS Communications Server IP Configuration Guide

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/f1a1b3b0/2.2.1.4.15

However, there are indications you have been seduced by the incorrect use of
the abbreviation for what started out as VTAM's Unformatted System Services at
least two decades before UNIX System Services appeared on the IBM scene.

That being so, the TELNET server you really need is *not* the SNA-oriented
TELNET Server but the UNIX-oriented TELNET Server  documented as follows:

Section 2.2.2, "Configuring the z/OS UNIX Telnet server" in the z/OS
Communications Server IP Configuration Guide

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/F1A1B3B0/2.2.2

If you find all this a bit puzzling, please review my very recent post right
here in IBM-MAIN with the following Subject line:

A z/OS Redbook Corrected - just about!

http://www.mail-archive.com/ibm-main@bama.ua.edu/msg151511.html

-

Incidentally, reviewing your post, it looks as if you may simply need to edit
the files on your system so that they look like the files in the documentation
I have given you.

-

Chris Mason