On 4/5/2012 9:56 AM, Chris Mason wrote:
Steve

We don't have a port in our /etc/inted.conf file; in fact, the only non-comment
line we have is:

otelnet  stream tcp nowait OMVSKERN /usr/sbin/otelnetd otelnetd

I think this is because '23' is the default telnet server port, and we
have
that port allocated to telnet in our tcpparms profile.

You may recall that one of the items in Chokalingam's list was the following:

1. Could not find 'otelnet in file /etc/services' which points to the port of
the USS telnet.

This is where the association between the "service name" in the first
position
of the inetd.conf file and the port number is established. It is *not* taken
from the PORT statement list entry.

Chris Mason

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 09:06:11 -0600, Steve Comstock<st...@trainersfriend.com>