Guess I am spoiled by the assembler (as command) and C/C++ compiler's
support of both UNIX paths and z/OS PDS[E]s.

I have a, to me, clumsy way to get around it. I started up the NFS
server and exported the high level qualifier that had the PDS[E]s that I
needed, then did a MOUNT onto a z/OS UNIX subdirectory. Clumsy, but it
does work.

I may write my own version of the cob2 command which does what _I_ want.
Should be fairly easy. Just set up the allocations as needed using
DYNALLOC, then use BPX1ATM UNIX routine to ATTACH the IGYCRCTL program.

The main problem that I have with my UNIX programs is that I can only
use HLASM (no C compiler license). And I have not figured out how to
handle UNIX signals. So the <cntl>c to abort a command doesn't work.

<snip>

--
John McKown
Maranatha! <><