Hi Tom,

In respect of your recent post on the issue of the title, and your last
paragraph:

"It clearly says only directories and paths, but I suppose a confirmation
that datasets are not supported would be nice.  I will try to get that into
the next version of the Programming Guide.  If anyone has a better
suggestion
for where this confirmation would go, let me know!"

In Chapter 23 "Compiler direction statements" Page 520 contains information
about the COPY Statement which states:

"When compiling from JCL or TSO, only the first eight characters are used as
the identifying name. When compiling with
the cob2 command and processing COPY text residing in the Hierarchical File
System (HFS), all characters are significant."

By implication the restriction information is in the manual so perhaps a
cross reference of the two items is all that is required.

Kind Regards - Terry

Director
KMS-IT Limited
228 Abbeydale Road South
Dore
Sheffield
S17 3LA
UK

Reg : 3767263

Outgoing e-mails have been scanned, but it is the recipients responsibility
to ensure their anti-virus software is up to date.