The same glossary says this about code point: "A unique bit pattern defined in
a code. Depending on the code, a code point can be 7-bit, 8-bit, 16-bit, or
other. Code points are assigned to a graphic character in a code page."

Note the last sentence of that.

Also, you earlier quoted a section of a DB2 website about "round trip
conversion", including this:

"Example: In ASCII CCSID 1252, the trademark symbol T is code point X'99'. In
EBCDIC CCSID 37, this code point does not exist."

So a code point is not just any possible combination of bits, it's a
combination of bits that is assigned to a character. It is possible to say that
a code point "does not exist" in a CCSID. Therefore the description of "round
trip" that you quoted:

"Round trip. Encoding that occurs when *every* code point in the source CCSID
maps to a unique code point in the target CCSID"

can be read to apply only to certain bit combinations, those to which a
character is assigned, and not to all bit combinations.

The glossary in the DB2 website that you referenced earlier has this for "code
point":

"In CDRA, a unique bit pattern that represents a character in a code page."

Bill