>I don't know how to plug the FICON into
>my existing ESCON cables (7060 with only ESCON and -horrors- parallel
>channels)

Will the 7060 be around?  There's a March 31, 2007, impending end of
service date for z/OS 1.4 and 1.5, and these are the last z/OS releases to
run on 31-bit hardware.  I think you're a z/OS shop, right?

I don't know of a 3U (or anything except "bigger U") storage product with
ESCON connection built in.  So it'd be an ESCON-FICON converter box as
someone mentioned, but I'm not too familiar with those.

Hope that helps!

- - - - -
Timothy F. Sipples
Consulting Enterprise Software Architect, z9/zSeries
IBM Japan, Ltd.
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]