In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
on 03/15/2006
   at 12:00 AM, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Actually, I'm not.

Then you're confused.

>The poster I replied to was confused about the statement: "Each
>command must start on a new statement".

Hardly surprising, because that sentence says nothing. The author was
confusing statement with record.

>That was what I was trying to clarify.

And instead further confused the issue.

>A continuation is not a new statement.

Then it's a good thing that I never claimed that it was. A record is
not necessarily a statement, and vice versa. The two fail to be
synonymous precisely in the case where there is a continuation line,
in which case the statement comprises multiple records.