I've rolled the JES exits from release to release in the past but never
got into any depth.  The people that developed them here are long gone.

I'm moving from z/OS 1.4 to 1.7 and the code for EXIT3 won't assemble.
It looks like a lot of things were removed from $RDRWORK, this exit
refers to RDWSAVE1 which appears to be one of the things removed.

Before I dig deeper, does anyone have any hints on what changed?

Thanks.