On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 07:08:27 -0500, Bob Shannon
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>IBM is trying to say go to SHARE or else, IMO. This myopic (there is
>>another term I could use) view is troubling IMO. I don't think SHARE
>>is stupid enough to think they are monolithic enough so it can't be
>>them. I really think its a little bit of both IBM and SHARE. Its like
>>a ten foot tall gorilla saying do it my way or your way and I will
>>squash you like a ant if you do it the other way
>
>Rubbish! IBM goes where the customers are. If the customers go to SHARE,
>IBM will go to SHARE to talk to them. Those who don't go to SHARE or to
>the zExpo must rely on the manuals.

To a certain degree I agree with Bob.  IBM still has meetings with fairly
large groups of customers (large, medium and small) in medium and larger
cities.  Milwaukee is what I'd call a "medium city" and the IBM office
there has meetings every few months in order to pass on current
information.  Given that, and especially given IBM's considerable web sites
I would have to say that they are generally doing better than they ever
did.

I would, of course, like to see IBM do even more.  But Ed's out of line
(and out of touch) on this subject.

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI