Laurence,

I guess the question is what specifically do you want "redirected" to syslog
and why.  Also need to know operating system level and which JES you are
running.  Are you z/OS 1.4 with JES2 or JES3   or something like it?

The system log is used for many things and I personally would not put the
joblog there.  However, there are a couple of MVS exits you could use to
replicate some (if not all) information.  But I would like to know what
specificially you need in the syslog.

Are you looking for abend codes, cpu time, step name, etc...?

MVS/JES puts the basic job name, job number, and start and end messages.

Lizette Koehler