In a message dated 6/20/2006 11:59:20 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>That reminds me ... in the late 70s or early 80s there was a time  when
numerous
>stories about supercooled or superconducting devices were  making the rounds
in
>all the computer publications.
What will be even better is when the research into achieving the
superconductivity effect at room temperatures moves from being a laboratory
curiosity
into commercial products, because then you don't need enormous  energy to keep
components near absolute zero temperature.  I remember  reading about IBM's
research into this area also, probably in the early to  mid-1980s.

Bill  Fairchild