I didn't follow this thread, so please pardon me if this has been
said before.

In case you know some text that will always appear on the screen
you're waiting for, you can code something like this in your macro:

[wait app]
wait 10 seconds until "TN3270 - Mainframe Telnet Server"
goto macroend on timeout
[wait inp inh]
:macroend
exit

This sequence waits for the quoted text to appear on the screen and
then waits for the keyboard to unlock. If the text does not appear
whithin the timelimit (10s), then the macro will stop.

Peter Hunkeler
CREDIT SUISSE