>We are investigating activating the CBU option on our z890's.
>
>Our IBM rep said that there is no problem with IBM software, which makes
sense since IBM software does not use passwords.

>How do ISV products that have passwords the depened on the CPU capacity
setting handle this situation.

>We have products from CA, BMC, Syncsort, Vanguard and a few others.

Have z900-101 + z900-102 and CBU to a z900-103 for each. All vendors let
us CBU (not to be comfused with Capacity-on-Demand). Most will give us the
keys or make the keys so they will not be checked on run on either system
even though the product is only licensed on one machine. A few make us
call them to get the new key in the event we must CBU. There is only one
vendor, Decision Technology, who says if we are on CBU for more than a few
days, they want a surcharge by week.

All the vendors permit the yearly test to be done with no additional
charge. We have IBM , CA, BMC, Vanguard, CASI, Decision Technology,
Phoenix, ERA, Sterling Commerce, MacKinney, etc.

jim