I am giving you some more details with regard to my problem...
Database Storage Group Definition:

CREATE STOGROUP STGP1 VOLUMES(PDB001)
VCAT DBSTGP;

In the SMS There is storage group named DBSTGP and volumes included under
this storage group are
PDB001
PDB002
PDB003
PDB004
PDB005

When these 5 volumes got full, I hav added another 2 volumes PDBR006 and
PDBR007. However, Simple tablespace could not extend to these newly added
volumes and we were getting EXTEND Failed error for tablespace related vsam
dataset. After performing REORG tablespace dataset got extended to these
newly added volumes(PDBR006,PDBR007).

Hi ...

I am facing problem in production DB2.

5 Volumes were configured for Database in storage group while creation of
tablespace A.

Later in 1 month these 5 volumes were full and added another 2 volumes,
however Tablespace A could not extend to these newly created volumes.

After performing REORG for Tablespace A , Tablespace VSAM dataset got
extended to these newly created volumes.

Is it necessary to do REORG of Tablespace everytime you add volumes in
storage group.

Note : Tablespace were created using Storage group and not using volumes
parameter.

What could be the reason for the same ? Please reply urgently

Jacky