Hi, All,

Is anybody here running a product "Whitehill<xml>Transport"?  We're
trying to get it to run "efficiently" on z/OS UNIX, but so far the best
performance we've been able to coax out of LE and Java for this
application is "abysmal" (e.g., 7 minutes for a job that "should take"
about 10 seconds).  Heretofore my only exposure to Java was as the hot
brown liquid that one drinks to awaken or stay awake.

I've already tried increasing the storage-related LE parms; that only
made things worse (the 7-minute "benchmark" job's elapsed time INCREASED
to 1:32:57 (that's more than 1½ hours)).