i still do it the old fashion way. i list the second volume with 'list
ttoc .....dsi' and dsn 01 is  the one that spanned. if i can, i recall
that dsn and break the connectin.

Jack Kelly
LA Systems @ US Courts
x 202-502-2390

Aldridge Murrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
03/01/2007 07:27 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
DFSMSHSM migration spanning volumes

I have ML2 data spanning volumes.  My question is - does anyone know of a
way to identify the dataset that is causing migration to span volumes?.
I have used parameters to minimize the possibility of spanning volumes but

I do get the occasional dataset that causes this situation.  Any input
would be appreciated.

Thank you