Shmuel Metz wrote:

> My recollection is that the original virtual storage announcement for
> S/370 already used the term MVS for OS/VS2 R2.

My recollection is that IBM pushed the term OS/VS2 Release 2, to avoid
suggesting that it was much different from Release 1 (SVS).

> However, you will still see remnants in the code of the original names,
AOS/1 and AOS/2.

And MVM (presumably Multiple Virtual Memories) - a name that never made it
into external doc. But it was on the header line of IEHDASDR for a long
time.

Tony H.