-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bruce Hewson
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 11:54 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Outsourcing perils was Re: sysprog demand in USA

Hello Howard,

what "our" and "we" ?!?!

I work outside my country of citizenship, in an Asian country, for a
global
multi-national company, which happens to be headquartered in USA.

We run applications for my host country and also other countries around
the
world.

So I am an ex-pat working at an in-sourcer/outsourcer.

but I am not a citizen of USA.

so what "we" and "our" do you mean in your public to the world post.

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:15:28 -0700, Howard Brazee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On 1 Mar 2007 12:59:52 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Thompson,
>Steve) wrote:
>
>>I'm baffled at outsourcing to countries that are a security risk to
the
>>USofA. Countries that have a sizeable number of Islamic radicals
should
>>not be targets of outsourcing.
>
>How about keeping our business inside our country - which also
>contains sizeable numbers of people who are a threat?
>
>We defeated the USSR by showing them that our way worked better than
>their way.    When our enemies become middle class with career paths
>that work - they will be more hesitant about risking those values.

<SNIP>

Forgive us citizens of the USofA. Sometimes we think a little too
nationalistically.

Regards,
Steve Thompson